[CS-FSLUG] Fingerprint system

Vincent Danen vdanen at linsec.ca
Mon Oct 1 21:56:01 CDT 2007

* David McGlone <david.mcglone at att.net> [2007-10-01 22:40:00 -0400]:

>On Tuesday 25 September 2007 8:02:20 pm Greg Slade wrote:
>> > Hmmm... really?  But does *my* fingerprint need to be on
>> > the silly putty?  Or just silly putty on it's own?
>>
>> Sadly, the article I read didn't go into detail on how it was done,
>> beyond the fact that they used Silly Putty. But if anybody ever hands you
>> some Silly Putty, don't touch it. They might be up to something. :-)
>
>Sorry to break up the discussion and but in ;-) But I received an E-Mail from
>the assistant superintendent of the school district and I have the choice to
>opt my children out and have done so. The superintendent tells me that no
>data is transferred outside the school system, but that isn't what the other
>woman told me. Me suspicious? Ah. Nah. LaDeDaDa. :-)

Oh fantastic!  Glad to hear it worked out for you.

And the not transferred out of the school system is.. questionable.
*What* school system?  That school system?  The school district?  How
secure is their infrastructure, etc.

How many dot-com sites say that your credit card doesn't get saved only
to find later that x number of thousands of credit card numbers have
been stolen via a clever hack?

I don't buy the "safety" speil from those guys at all.

--
Vincent Danen @ http://linsec.ca/