[CS-FSLUG] iPhone anyone

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Thu Nov 22 00:02:05 CST 2007

I do. I've had it since the launch and absolutely love it. It is not
my first smart phone, but it is the first smart phone I actually
utilize most of the functionality of, since it makes it makes things
ridiculously easy. The web browser is amazingly functional, since you
can double tap to intelligently zoom in on paragraphs (and you start
zoomed out and viewing the whole page so first you can get the "lay
of the land"). The e-mail client -- especially if you have IMAP -- is
great. It's a very worthy iPod, to boot. Oh, and its calling features
are great: moving through contacts is really easy and intuitive, it
can do six-way calling (and adding/dropping calls is a snap), and
visual voicemail is simply the best thing ever to come to voicemail.

The only con is that I'm not sure it will work with any Linux sync
programs. I'm not sure if that is an issue for you.

But otherwise, I can't endorse it highly enough. For $399, it's a
great buy, considering that it isn't just like an iPod, it is an
iPod; it isn't like an internet tablet, it IS an internet tablet, etc.

If you want to know anything more about specific features, just let
me know.

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Into this Universe, and why not knowing,
Editor, OFB.biz   | Nor whence, like Water willy-nilly flowing:
tbutler at ofb.biz   | And out of it, as Wind along the Waste,
timothybutler.us  | I know not whither, willy-nilly blowing."
                                            -- Edward FitzGerald