[CS-FSLUG] FOSS Evangelism

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Fri Nov 16 10:07:52 CST 2007

On Friday 16 November 2007 08:31 Josiah Ritchie wrote:
> I've been most successful in having opportunity to share with
> interested individuals when I've been most heavily involved in the
> community. It seems quality participation is the key to respect in
> these groups. You must demonstrate worth. I'd also say that it is
> most effective to target a few and get to know them, build that trust
> so they can see a Christian who isn't what they expect and build a
> bridge over the roadblock in their heart.

That stands to reason, since it's pretty much the way evangelism really
works in every avenue of life. If you don't first establish the
credibility to speak, nothing you say will help, and may well serve to
hinder the gospel by unnecessarily hardening their attitudes against
it. I've lost count how often my whole witness in some part of my life
was little more than repairing such damage.

Your reminder is timely. Preach it brother!

--
Ed Hurst