[CS-FSLUG] Samba with Ubuntu and XP

HildingE he7316575 at yahoo.se
Mon Mar 5 12:28:21 CST 2007

Well, thank You for answering. I read somewhere that I had to make an
allowance in a windows-file, hosts, so I opened that file and wrote,
192.168.0.3 ann linux
Then I remembered that ZoneAlarm in XP can be a little tricky, so I let
my small computer, 192.168.0.3 be mentioned as allowed in Zone-Alarm.
Sorry to say, I am not satisfied with Samba, because I can't get a
connection with XP and Ubuntu (or Fedora). I have used samba-swat, which
is very good, but without any result. I can't ask You for more
assistance. I am using Linux gladly, but ....

Regards
Hilding in Sweden