[CS-FSLUG] Recommended Joomla Add-ons?

Jason P. Franklin jpfagapeu at mac.com
Thu Jun 21 07:55:29 CDT 2007

Hey, finally something on this mail list I have some experience
with!  I use joomla for all my websites.

Forums:  you have two good options (in my limited opinion).  One is
to create a separate SMF forum and then use one of the bridges that
link it with joomla.  The other is "fireboard" (I think).  It used to
be called joomlaboard.  Anyway, fireboard is fully integrated within
joomla, so no extra MySQL databases.  It's not as robust as a stand-
alone forum, but for my purposes it works just fine.

Comments: I don't have that enabled, but I thought it was a built it
feature of joomla.  I seem to remember a couple versions ago having
to specifically turn it it off (then again I could be hallucinating).

CB:  I use CB on my main church site.  I only use a fraction of it's
potential.  Basically just to add fields like birthdate, etc.  There
are so very many plugins designed to use the extra features of CB.  I
haven't had any trouble with CB at all.  It even installed exactly
like the documentation said it would (an open source rarity - again
in my limited experience).

I wish I could actually give you a list of the plugins I use, but I'm
pressed for time.  I'll try to get it to you tomorrow.

Jason P. Franklin
Husband/Father/Missionary
Westwood Bible Fellowship
www.westwoodbf.com