[CS-FSLUG] Networking with Ubuntu or Fedora Core 6 part 3

Hilding he7316575 at yahoo.se
Wed Feb 28 15:49:05 CST 2007

This is the new result. I can remember that I tried to read something
FAQ about Samba. So, some of the smaller pc when I test as You very
pedagogically (if this is the english word?) tried to explain for a
newbie like me:

[root at ann ~]# smbclient -L 192.168.0.2 -U smbuser
Password:
Domain=[LOCALHOST] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.24-1.fc6]

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        homes           Disk
        tmp             Disk      Temporary file space
        public          Disk      lagerplats
        IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Samba Server)
        smbuser         Disk      Home directory of smbuser
Domain=[LOCALHOST] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.24-1.fc6]

        Server               Comment

        Workgroup            Master
        EGESTAL              LOCALHOST
[root at ann ~]#

So, I cannot see a list of printers, but ..... Thanks a lot so far!

Hilding in Gothenburg