[CS-FSLUG] Mandriva 2008.0 disappointing.

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 11:19:25 CST 2007

I might just give that a try, I've known that the Windows codecs are 32
bit only and it may be the case with the commercially licensed ones
Mandriva has as well. If anyone has any other pointers in how I can fix
other issues I'd appreciate it.

Mandriva could really benefit from encouraging it's user community to
write up one wiki-style document on how to modify the distribution to
look and work better, and then incorporate whichever of those
improvements they legally can into a "service pack" update of sorts.
Polish is something that's lacking from every first release of Linux and
Windows, the difference is that Linux updates rarely seem to incorporate
fixes that aren't for software malfunctions or security holes.

NT

Vincent Danen wrote:
> * Nathan T. <celerate at gmail.com> [2007-12-21 23:31:20 -0700]:
<snip>