[CS-FSLUG] Installing ia32-libs-gtk

Stephen J. McCracken smccracken at hcjb.org.ec
Fri Apr 13 16:20:06 CDT 2007

> I need to install the ia32-libs-gtk package, but adept package manager will
> not let me mark it to be installed.
[snip]
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of ia32-libs-gtk:
[snip]
> What I am trying to accomplish here is getting flash to work on my x86_64
[snip]
> This is weird to me because:
> david at lappy:~$ whereis libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
> libgtk-x11-2.0.so: /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0

It's not the answer you want, but I have seen similar problems with a
different package on a SUSE install I had once.  The problem was the
x86_64 64bit install.  It seemed like the 64bit stuff wasn't recognizing
the 32bit libraries or such.  I gave up and reinstalled the machine as a
32bit machine (x86) and all worked well.

sjm