[CS-FSLUG] Oh. By the way

David McGlone dlmcglone at columbus.rr.com
Fri Apr 13 15:19:44 CDT 2007

Hello I'm David. Most of you all already know me. The grouch. :-)

Also, Kubuntu is awesome. I dropped SuSE like a box of rocks when I first
installed Kubuntu. it's ease of use and simplicity but yet still has the
power if you need it, is great. I have to thank Tim for convincing me to try
it.

I didn't have any problems whatsoever installing it on my desktop, but on my
laptop I spent 3 days trying to get wireless working, it was a mess. but on
my last ditch effort, I got the idea to add "noapic" to grub and used the hex
key instead of plain password and it worked. I was praising the lord! I hated
the thought of having to go back to bloated, slow, broken and did I mention
yast land? Why oh why couldn't YaST be as quick as Adept? Adept takes 5
minutes to upgrade a whole system, it take YaST 5 minutes to get past the
splash screen. :-0

On top of that, I fired up Amarok and went on to listen to some Mp3's but Oh
man I forgot I didn't have mp3 support, but BAM! up comes a dialog asking me
if I wanted to install mp3 support, and with a restart of Amarok, my mp3's
worked. I didn't have to add sources (which with SuSE this would take a good
half hour with yast) I didn't have to hunt down mirrors or repositories or
add anything. IT JUST WORKED! :-)

Wow, I bet I could sit here and rant and rave about it all day, but I've got
to get ready to get to Church to play some B-Ball.

Bye.
David M.