[CS-FSLUG] OT: Prayer Request-Sermon

Michael Bradley, Jr. michaelsbradleyjr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 22:06:28 CDT 2006

On 9/29/06, edoc7 <edoc7 at verizon.net> wrote:

> Lutherans and Catholics have been poking fun
> at one another and themselves for generations.
> <snip>
> It seems that over the past couple of decades the
> plague of political correctness has diminished us
> into a terminally whiny world.  No matter what you
> tell a joke about someone will find an excuse to be
> offended <snip>

You have a good point, doc. The Lord knows, in most situations I'm about as
UNpolitically correct, especially when it comes to matters of religion, as
you can get.  Even still, I stand by my point, perhaps articulated better in
my second post in this thread, that Christopher's "cause" may be better
served by a joke with less potential repercussions.  Maybe a joke that
points instead at division in terms of the internal politics of the Lutheran
community (God only knows we have that type of thing in the Catholic Church
in the USA) would be less likely to lead to misunderstanding on the part of
a curious visitor, congregant's guest(s), or prospective member.

In Christ,

Michael Bradley, Jr.

--
[Jesus said] Tell aching mankind to snuggle close
to My merciful Heart, and I will fill it with peace.

My home on the Net ::
   http://www.michaelsbradleyjr.net/

IC XC NIKA