[CS-FSLUG] Gnomesword (Hilding)

Chad Fluegge chadfluegge at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 11:16:36 CDT 2006

Hilding,

I would recommend BibleDesktop...

It takes a little to get it installed, but once installed, you won't have
any problems.

You have to have Sun Java installed first of all and then after that, you
must remove language support for the gujarati language through Ubuntu's
synaptic package manager. If you don't remove the language support, BD will
crash everytime you try to open the Options dialogue. Also, it's easier
(IMO) to manually download your desired modules from crosswire's website and
unpackage them into your modules folder, than it is to use their module
manager... I found their manager to be slow and cumbersome.

How you install BD on Fedora Core, I have no idea... I used to run FC, but
that was along time ago in a far and distant past... lol

As far as installing Kubuntu, I don't know... It didn't seem to run very
stable on my computer. But, hey, who knows, it might run better on yours;
however, somebody else on this list mentioned that they, too, found KDE to
be a bit buggy. As for me, I'm bent on staying with Gnome.

Hope this helps,
God Bless,
Chad

P.S. after ubgrading to Ubuntu Christian Edition, I now have 123 updates to
install...