[CS-FSLUG] updating ubuntu - Doc...

Chad Fluegge chadfluegge at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 11:13:43 CDT 2006

 Doc,

Wow, 67 updates?  Sounds like MS XP!  :-(

hehe... it does, doesn't it.. :-)

Why are there any updates to a current OS release?

Couldn't answer that one for ya...

Are you loading a stable release or unstable?

I'm not sure... The description doesn't really tell me anything..

Are the "updates" mislabeled and are they really
> optional features you can ignore?

That's what I'm wondering.. Can I just ignore them and not even bother with
installing them? My guess is yes, seeing as my computer is running fine at
the moment.

I'm at work at the moment, but when I get home this evening, I'll remove the
unstable repositories from from my source list and then update synaptic, and
see what that does.

Thanks and God Bless,
Chad