[CS-FSLUG] Where From (Was Bible Software)

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Tue Sep 26 14:16:13 CDT 2006

> On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 22:55 -0400, Chad wrote:
> <SNIP>
>> By the way, where is everyone from? I live in the Upper Peninsula of

Born in Seminole, OK. We moved at least twice annually, and ranged all
over Oklahoma, some of TX, AZ, NM and a bit of CO. When I was 10 we
moved to Anchorage, AK and stayed about six years. We returned to OKC
long enough for me to graduate high school and then off to Shawnee (50
miles east) for a BA in Religion at Okla. Baptist Univ. Wandered a bit
trying to save for seminary, but never made it. Served in the US Army
twice: Ft. Lewis, WA & Bamberg, Germany; then Schinnen, The Netherlands
until I got hurt (messed up knees). I was ordained during the break in
service (1982). Tried my hand at public school for five years and
quickly learned to hate it, though I loved the kids dearly. Lived in TX
awhile doing nothing much except learning Linux and FreeBSD, while
leading music at a tiny country church. Moved back up to OKC to escape
Hurricane Rita and never went back.

My father grew up on the fringe of the Romachill community, the remnants
of the "oil field trash" from the 1920s. That accounts for moving so
often. That we stayed anywhere for as much as six months placed us on
the fringe of that community. Most of them still move every couple of
months, as do most his cousins and their descendants. My mom came from a
family who were patrician Southerners from around Atlanta, but whose
fortunes were devastated in the War Between the States.

--
Ed Hurst