[CS-FSLUG] Software Linux Fedora

hilding he7316575 at yahoo.se
Tue Sep 26 11:48:41 CDT 2006

gginorio at sbcglobal.net skrev:
> Doh!
>

>> Having this, I could not even start Gnomesword Bible Guide. I am asked
>> to get a message to the developers, but the program is not properly
>> registered.
>>

> In my experience gnomesword has always had a bad temperament. It's total reliance on the gnome libs makes it subject to errors on so many levels. That said, it is still the best out there for the Gnome Desktop. The Ubuntu developers seem to be doing a better job of keeping Gnomesword in check than the Fedora Developers. I'll assume this is the case since Gnomesword isn't exactly an enterprise app being tested for Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
>
> --------------------------
>

>> I am quite new on this list. Actually I am a minister within Church of
>> Sweden. And nowadays using Linux more and more.
>>

> That is wonderful to hear. From what I hear, Sweden is a country in the running with Japan and Saudi Arabia for the smallest percentage of Christians in the world. They need more people willing to do what it takes (even using Linux) to keep the lights on, the doors open, and the Gospel spoken.
>
> note: I was one of six people who was with Rune Brannstrom when he began planting a church in San Antonio, Tx. I wasn't much of a musician, but, like you, I didn't give up and did what I could to keep the church up and running. The rest, as they say, is up to God.
>
> Gabe Ginorio

I have succeeded to uninstall gnomesword. If I download an rpm-file, I
have used to click on the file, and mostly the program was installed
properly, but I tried to get the browser Opera9 and did not succeed, so
I am just wondering if I should change to Ubuntu. Have You ever got some
bibleprogram for Linux rightly installed, may I add with a smile on my face.

/Hilding