[CS-FSLUG] HTML Editor [Was: manual mount]

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Sun Sep 24 12:26:12 CDT 2006

On Friday 22 September 2006 09.39, l4c wrote:
[snip]

> > I do not like any of the automated HTML editors I
> > have seen as they add too much clutter to the code.
>
> Yup, that's why I use vi(m).  It might sound a little simplistic to
> use a bare text editor as first, but html or xhtml is not exactly a
> complicated markup language and it types out much faster than you can
> select tags from a list.  Also, as was already mentioned, there are
> some html editors that add a whole lot of unnecessary clutter to the
> code.

Just a quick comment on the matter. On a previous message, I mentioned
Quanta Plus and Bluefish.

I don't know; but Quanta is great. It's not automated (unless you want
it to, with VPL, which I don't use). I also don't use a list of tags; I
just type them, but I appreciate the auto-completion offered by Quanta.
All in all, a great X(HT)ML editor that is great as a PHP editor too.
It doesn't add any clutter in the least, IMHO.

Blessings,

Eduardo

--
Prof. Eduardo Sanchez