[CS-FSLUG] Network problems

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 20:50:24 CDT 2006

Hi folks,

I know this is OT, but since we have a handfull of mac and networking
pros in here I figure I can get the answer faster than by contacting
tech support.

I have a Linksys WRT54GS router, and two Windows machines connected to
it, and now one Mac Mini. Until I hooked up the Mac Mini everything
went without a hitch; however, after connecting the Mac Mini I find
the router doesn't work at all after a few minutes of the mini being
on. I can reset the router and the network will come back to life for
a while, but that doesn't last very long.

I suspect this has something to do with the way the Mac Mini handles
networking, a coworker of mine mentioned something about that once and
changing the domain that the mac mini conects to because the default
conflicts with the Windows networking. Unfortunately, I have been
unable to find a place where I could change that.

I would apreciate any available help and suggestions on this matter.