[CS-FSLUG] [Ichthux] Loaded Ichthux!

xxx xxxx cyberdamon at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 12 21:11:05 CDT 2006

I am urning it off for the night. Too much frustration. I will look for the
dir tomarrow.

I meant it this is a great distro.  however I see lots of things I would
need changed. Right out of the box churches are gonna be lost.
I did a lot of IT for churches here in he past and they had a hard time with
windows, with access to stuff at your finger tips, i.e. cd roms icons, dvd
player software working, web browsers going where they need to. Konquerer
web browser is not funtioning on any page requiring login credentials, and
had trouble with others too.

For Christian lay people it won't be any different. These things need
rectified.

I think this is a great distro with tremendous potential. I have
traditionally have been a fedora, suse, mandrake fan, but I could switch to
this.
One other thing I didn't care for, and I realize this is a design thing of
kubuntu and not a flaw and that is sudo instead of logging into root. I
personally like root better.

Lay christians and church staff alike may have expirience logging in as
admin in windows to accomplish certain things therefor root is not much of a
strech but command line sudo will throw them.

All in all I think this could really go somewhere with some work. I admit I
am a newbie and could learn some more about setting up and configuring
however, isn't that what any lay person is going to be... a newbie?

I like it.

Don