[CS-FSLUG] Frequent Disk Access

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Sun Sep 10 16:07:15 CDT 2006

Timothy Butler wrote:
> Are you perhaps low on physical ram?
>
> 	-Tim
>
> On Sep 10, 2006, at 3:47 PM, Ed Hurst wrote:
>
>> What are the various services and monitoring daemons which might
>> cause a
>> frequent -- almost constant -- flashing of the drive LED? I've already
>> modified my fstab for commit=600, but that didn't help any. Where
>> might
>> I look to see what's causing all the commotion? I'm running CentOS
>> 4.4.

Not with a full GB of it, and having turned off most default services.

Looks like it was connected to KDE's autostart. For some reason, default
is 1000 milliseconds. I added a couple of zeros and it calmed down quite
a bit. Now it's a brief flash every 3 seconds, which is closer to what
I'm used to seeing.

--
Ed Hurst