[CS-FSLUG] overlapping partitions

Hilding he7316575 at yahoo.se
Mon Oct 23 11:31:05 CDT 2006

Well, I don't if this is the proper forum to ask about "overlapping
partitions", but I'll do anyhow.
This is what is said by sudo qtparted:

Error: Can't have overlapping partitions.
A bug has been detected in GNU Parted.  Refer to the web site of parted
http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/parted.html for more informations of
what could be useful for bug submitting!  Please email a bug report to
bug-parted at gnu.org containing at least the version (1.6.25.1) and the
following message:  Assertion (disk != NULL) at
../../libparted/disk.c:1074 in function ped_disk_next_partition() failed.

I cannot understand, if this is due to a bug, or if I have used the
wrong partition program, or too many partition programs. (I started with
Norton Partition Magic)

Well, what do You think? In Ubuntu, qtparted, it is possible to make a
new partition table. Would that be "dangerous" for my XP? I have dual
boot with GRUB.

/Hilding in Sweden