[CS-FSLUG] Bibletime from Swedish point of view

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Mon Oct 9 16:21:52 CDT 2006

On Monday 09 October 2006 16:16, Hilding wrote:

> I have had a look on the error file in /var/cups
> I have problems to get the cups program saving the password for the
> user.

[snip]

> returned 7 (Authentication failure)!
> E [09/Oct/2006:23:11:02 +0200] CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer: Unauthorized
> E [09/Oct/2006:23:11:14 +0200] cupsdAuthorize: Empty Basic username!
> E [09/Oct/2006:23:11:15 +0200] CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer: Unauthorized

I have not seen the GNOME version of CUPS setup utility (since I run
Kubuntu), so I'm not sure how it works. Did the configuration utility
require you to provide your sudo password? If not, was there something
in the interface which offered you the chance to take up "Adminstrator"
rights? This looks to me like an error from a regular user trying to
setup CUPS, and it's simply not allowed. If you run the configuration
from sudo (or if you enable the root user password and login as root),
then it should not have this error.

--
Ed Hurst