[CS-FSLUG] OFB: Bring on the WorkStation 3

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Sun Nov 19 20:46:56 CST 2006

> There have been some discussions elsewhere about
> hacking the PS3 ... once the noise and prices settle
> down.

	Yes, indeed. But, my primary thought is that I don't think the PS3
will become significantly more popular as a PC than the PS2/Linux
combo was in as much as it is merely a matter of hacking (even
authorized hacking). Plus, the low amount of ram puts a real damper
on serious computer use.

	But, if only Sony would make a real PC-like spec PS3, I think that
would make a big difference.

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Because philosophy arises from awe, a philosopher
tbutler at ofb.biz   | is bound in  his  way to  be a lover of myths  and
www.uninet.info   | poetic fables. Poets and philosophers are alike in
timothybutler.us  | being big with wonder."
                                                      -- Thomas Aquinas