[CS-FSLUG] OT: Anyone Use Linked-In?

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Fri Nov 17 23:03:16 CST 2006

Incidentally, I'm not sure what to make of Linked-in so far. It seems
kind of nifty in visually seeing one's connections, but I'll have to
play with it some more to see if it is really useful.

I got started on my Linked-in account and Orkut account from invites
by Gael Duval, but found I never went back to either much after I
signed up, because for the most part, none of my contacts use them,
and even if they do, (particularly in the case of Linked-in) it
really doesn't foster extra communication. Maybe I'm missing something.

After playing with the different social networking sites, I think the
only one I've found very useful is Facebook. It's system seems to be
laid out well for fostering electronic communication of those who are
connected through non-electronic organizations... Companies like
Apple have networks on it, so I think they are essentially using it
as Linked-in is suppose to be used.

Who knows, perhaps I'll find Linked-in more useful if I try to
utilize it more; I wonder, though, if Facebook might provide some
competition now that it has open registration?

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Because philosophy arises from awe, a philosopher
tbutler at ofb.biz   | is bound in  his  way to  be a lover of myths  and
www.uninet.info   | poetic fables. Poets and philosophers are alike in
timothybutler.us  | being big with wonder."
                                                      -- Thomas Aquinas