[CS-FSLUG] CUPS

John Mark Clayton clayton256 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 13:42:30 CST 2006

Hello,
Is anyone successfully using CUPS over a network?  It seems I spend more
time fixing cups than any other task.  I have a very simple network:
1) Linux Xubuntu 6.06 Samba file and printer server with a Cannon S300 USB
printer
2) Linux Xubuntu 6.06 notebook
3) Windows XP notebook that only gets touched for iTunes to see missed In
Touch sermons.
The problem never seems to be the same twice though the symptoms are often
the same or similar.  Is samba the best option here?  Has anyone started
using one of those usb printers server black boxes?  On Amazon, only the
Buffalo is getting good reviews.  Has anyone attempted to setup an IPP
server on a linux box?

Many Thanks,
Mark Clayton
clayton256 at gmail.com