[CS-FSLUG] open source worship songs

Chris Brault gginorio at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 21 23:57:11 CDT 2006

Interesting dilemma,

> Anybody knows of any libre worship music?
>
> Several of the kids I teach have a garage band, they're starting to
> sound pretty good.
> I'd like to help them steer them away from either worshiping mammon or
> "stealing" "intellectual property".  They want to do what is right
> respecting doc's principles.
> So far I've pointed them to jamendo.com  Not much to chose there of a
> worship nature.
>
> Yama

If I'm correct, simply playing music isn't a crime, even music that
comes from a book (I suppose that putting it in a book by definition
means that someone else is going to play it).  I know that playing the
music isn't what requires a license, it's making money from it;
performance licenses usually aren't that much of a problem unless there
is cash involved, then the copyright is depending upon country.

So, don't be so worried unless money is going to change hands in
commercial profit.