[CS-FSLUG] Silent computer cooling

Yama Ploskonka Yama at veritasacademy.net
Sun May 21 18:28:26 CDT 2006

I am about to install a water radiator contraption any day, for similar
reasons.
It would have a copper plate touching the CPU, and a container above
with some liquid, likely glycol antifreeze, and a tree of fins to
dissipate that.  tall 3-4 inches, and if I am clever enough some sort of
internal design to promote motor less circulation. The coolest would be
to have some sort of heat pump powered by muscle wire, I have a few
inches somewhere.

In my toy box I have one of those piezo tiles that cool on one end while
heating the other - they're supposed to be the high-tech solution, to
achieve fan-less cooling, though in absolute numbers they end up
producing a lot more heat than was there before, and if they ever break
down it is a fried processor for sure.

I enjoy dreaming I will ever have time for this, yet I have to do
something - my computer is way too loud, and while the fan dos quiet
down now, it doesn't seem to make a pattern that makes sense

Yama