[CS-FSLUG] Open Source Theology

Don Parris dcparris at carolina.rr.com
Wed Jun 14 11:53:55 CDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 08:34 +0800, dmc wrote:
> > I've just recently started really digging into this whole "emerging
> > church conversation". It seems like non-emerging evangelicals tend to
> > have a very poor view of emergents, but I have yet to see the
> > non-emergent criticism present an accurate view of emergents in their
> > critique. Meaning, it looks like from my study so far that emergents are
> > being blindly swatted at by non-emergents.
>
> I do not have the time, at the moment, to present
> a point-by-point critique.

I really appreciate the input everyone is offering. I just have not had
time to investigate the emerging church movement.  It's funny.  Even
though I am ordained as a Baptist minister, I find myself - partly due
to my varied experience - using a somewhat mixed theology.  Our house
church ministry has been largely born out of my experience and studies.

Don