[CS-FSLUG] Value in Joining the Emergent Discussion?

Ritchie, Josiah S. jritchie at bible.edu
Wed Jun 14 09:49:22 CDT 2006

I see Calvin College is doing that. They seem to be a big name in tech
among Christian Colleges. I was recently in a webinar where their
CIO/CFO guy shared some things about their strategic planning. They seem
to work together well with the faculty and other departments. That takes
some real intentional work, from what I can tell, and the school has
really benefited. It also helps that their President was highly
supportive of their actions.

> If you have some time to spare they do have an online editing system
> to prepare additional books for publication (something similar to
> Gutenberg's Distributed Proofreading).

That's cool. I'll have to mention this to our library folks to see if
they might be interested in working out some connections.

> If online one of these book scanning machines was more affordable -
> http://preserve.harvard.edu/resources/bookscanners_table.html

You can send books to a service who will scan it and send it back so you
don't have to put out for the machine. I hear LOGOS has a bunch of these
machines that they scan books on. The company we talked to said that
they were their heaviest users.

JSR/