[CS-FSLUG] Distibution Help

Christopher Rose kf6snj at lycos.com
Thu Jan 19 19:15:50 CST 2006

I finally have a working hard drive in my computer again. Up until two days ago I was swapping between Byzantine OS, D*mn Small Linux, and Puppy Linux. I liked the "Ogle" DVD player in puppy, the XMMS in D*mn Small, and the JRE that Byzantine has. What Linux distribution would offer me the best of all those and also allow for FireFox and RealPlayer? I am currently running Mandrake 8.2 (I have three of the "official" CDs that I bought at a thrift shop for two dollars a couple years back). I spent four hours last night just trying to install "file-roller", Mozilla 1.7, and FlashPlayer. RealPlayer and FireFox would not install  no matter what I tried. Please help......

Linux Counter User: #350477
http://www.counter.li.org