[CS-FSLUG] Got SuSe 10.0 x86_64

David McGlone dmcglone at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 20 07:46:13 CST 2006

Hey Ed,

I figured out how to get SuSE 10.0 x86_64 working.

Instead of using the acpi=off when I booted to the installation, I used
"noapic" or "apic=off" instead.

I figured this out when I was setting up my wireless NIC and the howto said to
use noapic NOT noacpi. This was on SuSE 10.1 RC 3.

Well after I got everything working on 10.1 RC 3, I took notes about how I set
everything up and decided to re-install and set everything up this time
neatly without feeling like I had created disorder and chaos on my install.

But before I installed 10.1 RC 3 again, I decided to give 10.0 stable one more
shot, this time booting using noapic instead of noacpi.

Worked like a charm. I'm completley happy and content now. I feel like I have
a well organized install with no changes in any files except fstab to mount
network shares and nothing is unorganized at all.

I really think I'm addicted to SuSE now. :)

--
David M.