[CS-FSLUG] OT: C program crashes

David Aikema david at aikema.net
Sat Feb 11 15:12:16 CST 2006

On 2/9/06, Frank Bax <fbax at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> I've got some C source code that sometimes crashes with a SIG11, which I
> believe to be a seg fault.  The program I'm playing with was a free one I
> got on the web and runs as cgi script.  It randomly fails with Sig 11
> errors.  Very early in main.c, I see call to setsigs():

... this is just setting things up so that the signal_catchint
function will be called to process any signals.  It shouldn't be your
cause - nor should the signal_catchint function.

> What could I add/modify to get some clue as to where the real fault is in
> the software?

You could try using a tool like Valgrid - http://valgrind.org/.  It
can work well for hunting down annoying memory allocation errors.

Dave