[CS-FSLUG] Correspondence bible college [ OT ]

dmc edoc7 at verizon.net
Thu Feb 9 15:28:51 CST 2006

Both look like neat resources -- but *not* for someone
preparing for a career and in *need* of portable credentials.

I wish these sites would provide a "decision matrix" that
assists people in the decision to select between different
educational contexts.

It was a sad situation to have to acquaint them with the
consequences of past poor stewardship due to the failure
of church-based and other neo-colleges to provide proper
counsel.

Many had spent years and thousands of dollars on courses
that no accredited college would be allowed to accept in
transfer and had to repeat much of that work.

They had learned and were edified but had not been told
that they could have received the same education *with*
portability to other institutions.

I do like this disclosure from one of the sites, though
it is not nearly as clear as I believe it should be.

Formal Accreditation
Our certificate programs are not formally accredited by any
regional accrediting group. The certificate programs are for
your personal enrichment, but may be used by some churches,
employers, schools, or accrediting agencies in their formal
programs. Please direct all accreditation questions to the
respective agency or employer and not to ChristianCourses.com.

--
David Colburn, D.Min., M.A.Co.
http://bibleseven.com

       /\ /\