[CS-FSLUG] Firewall fights

Robert W. robertwo at insightbb.com
Sat Feb 4 13:58:25 CST 2006

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 15:27:57 -0600 Ed Hurst <ehurst at asisaid.com> wrote:
> Well, I got caught up and have re-inserted the Debian harddrive. I did
>
> some reading and decided to try Shorewall. It was pretty easy to
> accept  the defaults. I changed only a few items as required by the
> instructions  for my situation. Any reason to make major changes from
> the defaults for
>   one-interface setup?

Ed,

Sorry for taking so long to respond. You should be fine with the default
setup. If I remember correctly, it blocks everything coming in from the
Internet, and allows everything going out to the Internet. Perfect for
home use.

--
Robert W.
robertwo at insightbb.com

And the LORD said... "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I
will have compassion on whom I will have compassion." -- Exodus 33:19b