[CS-FSLUG] Networking with SuSE

David McGlone dmcglone at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 1 19:55:35 CST 2006

Hiya all.

I installed SuSE 10 on my desktop today and I would like to share everything
between the desktop and laptop which is also running SuSE 10.

Here are a few things I want to accomplish (if possible)

1. I want to be able to run any applications on my desktop from my laptop and
vise versa.

2. I want to share the same e-mail. What I mean by this is (if it's possible)
when I download my mail using kmail, I want it to be available to both the
desktop and laptop. (Picture both computers sharing the same /home directory
Hmmm maybe I just answered my own question what do you think?)

3. Will I need to purchase a Hub to accomplish this or can it be accomplished
with just my router?

Well thats just about it, basically the goal is to make it feel like my
desktop in the other room is on my lap in my living room and vice versa.

David M.