[CS-FSLUG] Seeking opinions

David Aikema david at aikema.net
Wed Apr 19 01:06:53 CDT 2006

On 4/18/06, Legatus <lists at runyanrants.net> wrote:
> David Aikema wrote:
> >> Can't offer much on the COL in Alberta. If you were coming to Kansas
> >> City, I could tell you it isn't bad.
> >
> > What sort of tuition fees would await him there though?
>
> Some of the lowest in the US. (http://www.tuition.ku.edu/rates.shtml)
> (http://www.umkc.edu/umkc/catalog/html/fees/sched.html)
>
> I don't know how they compare with Canada, but UMKC(University of
> Missouri, Kansas City) offers one of the few Telecommunications degree
> programs, and KU(Kansas University) has an outstanding engineering
> school. I have no affiliation with either school, I went to KSU(Kansas
> Sate University) and PSU (Pittsburg State University)

The problem that Nathan would be hitting were he to study there is
that he'd be dealing with non-resident fees.  Based on the above
pages, these seem to be roughly double the cost of resident tuition
fees (about $6000US per semester) and he might hit even higher fees as
a non-US citizen.  Canadian public universities would probably cost
him around $2500CDN per semester for tuition.

Dave