[CS-FSLUG] timestamp, was Re: Fw: GM vs Microsoft

Yama Ploskonka Yama at veritasacademy.net
Mon Apr 17 08:48:33 CDT 2006

On my first Linux attempt I used fedora core 4 and it had a nifty
arrangement that it would pick up the right time from some server
somewhere (that was fine as long as the network was up - if it wasn't,
it would freeze).

Do you know how to set something like that on SuSE 10?  My clock keeps
missing a couple minutes per day - it's annoying.  It would be a plus if
it were clever enough to go to sleep if the server were not available.

BTW, these clock woes remind us that we are, somewhat like Windows, far
from free from buggy behavior.  It's a bit like that story about who is
to cast the first stone.  My Windows box set daylight saving time by
itself a few days ago - had to do that manually in my Suse.

Yama