[CS-FSLUG] LXer Responds to Microsoft's Port 25

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 22:16:30 CDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-15 at 08:08 -0400, Wade A Smith wrote:

> > Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 19:07:30 -0400
> > From: "Don Parris" <gnumathetes at gmail.com>
> > Subject: Re: [CS-FSLUG] LXer Responds to Microsoft's Port 25

> From the article:
> "Reconciliation is a two-step process involving (1) an admission of
> failure or wrong-doing and (2) a commitment to avoid the harmful
> patterns of behavior in the future."
>
> I don't know about you, but my Bible says there is to be RESTITUTION.
> Billy&Co would have to FIX the damages done to others, like FOSS and
> others.  Billy&Co _may_ admit "oops.  I'm sorry we got caught", but
> until they start trying to fix the reputations and financial damages
> they have done, there is NO repentance in any "oops" statements they
> would make.

Yeah, well, the point of the article is that there must be a change in
Microsoft's behavior in order for the FOSS community to be able to trust
them, and thus for Port 25 to be of any value.  I am not saying they
will change.  I am suggesting that the whole community needs to make
that point crystal clear.

Blessings!