[CS-FSLUG] CPU Temp variables

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Sat Apr 15 09:33:54 CDT 2006

Hardware query: I have a P4 Celeron 1.8Ghz.

Recently I replaced my CPU fan. The new one was the only thing available
at the time, with a copper cooling tower. I've been investigating the
CPU temperature issue, and find mine is mostly between 42C - 48C. In
that range, the BIOS seldom turns on the cooling fan. Only if there is
significant disk and CPU activity does the fan come on.

Is this proper behavior? Were I able to adjust the temperature when the
fan should come on, should I change it? What would be the numbers?

--
Ed Hurst