[CS-FSLUG] TD: Gospel of Judas

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Fri Apr 14 15:57:04 CDT 2006

>> So, how did he manage to write this gospel, seeing as he died
>> hours after
>> betraying the Lord Jesus?
>
> He didn't. There are a lot of so-called gospels that are like this.
> Most
> of them were probably done by gnostic writers in the second or third
> centuries.

	Well, not the third century... given that Irenaeus references the
Gospel of Judas in his book on Heresies in the second century.

	I suspect, on a more serious note than the one I posted last night,
that the name is more indicative of its central theme than the author
(e.g. that it is the good news that Judas was told).

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Bad is so bad, that we cannot but think good
Editor, OfB.biz   | an accident;  good is so  good, that  we feel
tbutler at ofb.biz   | certain that evil could be explained."
timothybutler.us  |                           -- G. K. Chesterton