[CS-FSLUG] LXer Responds to Microsoft's Port 25

Ritchie, Josiah S. jritchie at bible.edu
Thu Apr 13 07:47:14 CDT 2006

I like the conclusion. Microsoft must demonstrate that they are willing to abstain from harmful behavior. They may need some direction in knowing what that looks like though. That's what I've been using Port 25 for. I've been dropping the suggestion that I'd most like them to take action on. If they started releasing patches to projects that provided greater compatibility with their stuff such as LDAP or even just released the documentation on it so that the FOSS community could build the bridges.

If I saw this activity, I may turn a pleasurable thought their way. Perhaps I'd be naïve, but I have this eternal hope complex revolving around the world working together. I know it won't happen until heaven, but . . .

JSR/