[CS-FSLUG] TD: Gospel of Judas

Christopher Rose kf6snj at lycos.com
Sun Apr 9 00:58:09 CDT 2006

My concern is just preserving the truth of scripture. I am not against serious discussion. I am merely against letting a hereretical document like this so-called gospel being considered canonical. Certainly it is worthy of serious dicussion insofar as to origins and reasons as to why it was written (even the canonical scriptures were written for a purpose). However, I would sooner argue that the gnostic gospel of Thomas should be included in scripture than to see this one (of course I have found Thomas much easier to stomach than the "Essene Gospel of Peace") into the canon. Then again, what do I know? I haven't started seminary....yet!

Pax,
Christopher L. Rose