[CS-FSLUG] City attacks Catholic Church

doc edoc7 at verizon.net
Fri Apr 7 15:53:26 CDT 2006

> I would be careful with words like irreversible. There are plenty of
> people who thought the end was near in the first century. There were few
> places that Christians weren't persecuted. The world was turning against
> Christians, when the USA came into its own, and changed all that. The
> Lord has his plan and time. When we try to predict how close we are, we
> are most surely wrong.

Never before has there been no new geographic
area available for a new work.  The world is
essentially filled and it is all turning against
Christianity.

> This is not new. We have just been living in a bubble that protects us.

We agree on that.

> Our time may have passed, or we as a nation may be being honed for
> something greater. We don't know. I suspect the Lord hones a nation's
> spirit in the same way he does the human spirit. He uses trials and
> tribulation to transform us.

And rarely do the tests end in a fallen world that
continues the inexorable fall away from God that
started in Eden.

>> I am afraid that our children are inheriting a
>> much much spiritually uglier world than we did.
>> The Lord appears to be loosening the chains on
>> the Enemy in preparation for the tribulation
>> and beyond.
>
> He may be, but it doesn't change our calling. We must follow the Word
> until we are dead. The covenant hasn't changed just because we believe
> we are close to its completion here on Earth.

No one has suggested such.

We are a nation of soft Christians and I'd guess
95% of self-identified Christians will fall away
as soon as faced with pervasive persecution because
their discipleship has been so shallow.

It is sad.

--
Respectfully ... dmc