[CS-FSLUG] Problem With Wifi Radar At One Site

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 19:46:19 CDT 2006

I got the Linksys wireless NIC working with Ubuntu 5.10 on my laptop
using NDIS.  I did manage to configure a connection to the ministry's
wireless LAN, and also to the open wireless connection at work.  Doing
that manually isn't much fun, so I thought I would install Wifi-Radar
to help out.  Wifi Radar (WR) will automagically detect the ministry
LAN, and even another wireless network nearby.  Yet, when I get to
work, WR will not obtain the IP address from the open WLAN.

The Wifi channel/freq at work is the same as the ministry WLAN.  There
is no key for the open WLAN.  The only thing that really changes
between the two is the ESSID and the wireless key (using WEP at the
moment for the ministry LAN).  I did have the open WLAN working
manually, but Wifi Radar doesn't seem to "get it".  Any ideas?

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/