[CS-FSLUG] Labor laws

dmc edoc7 at verizon.net
Fri Sep 30 06:51:42 CDT 2005

> I told my wife that she needed to talk with the District Manager, but she is
> also afraid to do so.
>
> So that is why I have been looking up information on labor laws etc etc, so I
> can try and protect my wife and give her guidance in the event that she is
> wrongfully treated.

If one is working for a company that is so poorly
managed that a documented factual complaint to a
District Manager does not result in discipline and/
or termination of of an Assistant Manager then it
is time to leave.

It is not worth her mental or physical health to
remain in such an abusive environment.  It is,
however, critical to document everything in case
of a problem.

It is also important that if a complaint is filed
against the Assistant Manager that more than one
person join the complaint, that there is considerable
documentation, and that you copy the complaint to
people all the way up the corporate food chain.

Someone in that line will recognize the potential
liability, legally and/or public relations, and
insist on proper action vs the offending Assistant
Manager.

That said, having been there in the past, I found
it helpful to have a family member who was an attorney
and a Court Magistrate contact that company and remind
them of the risk of wrongful termination civil lawsuits
and prosecution by State agencies.

It was amazing how well behaved they became after that!

I am no fan of the mostly ambulance-chasing legal
profession but they sometimes do the right thing!

If you contact the State Attorney General's Office
they can provide the regs and laws.

--
Respectfully,

David Colburn, D.Min., M.A.Co.