[CS-FSLUG] Inkjets sanely priced

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 09:30:36 CDT 2005

On 9/29/05, Ed Hurst <ehurst at asisaid.com> wrote:
> Share with me your experiences. I will be seeking a good used printer,
> and barring a signal blessing (like finding an HP Lasterjet III) or
> something, I'll be stuck with an inkjet.
>
> Which inkjets offer the best print volume for the cartridge price?
>
> --

I can't speak on cost comparisons, but I do believe you will save more
money if your printer at least uses a separate color and black ink
cartridge.  I used a single cartridge printer once - once!  If you run
out of a single color the whole cartridge is shot.  At the very least,
get a printer that uses a black cartridge and a color cartridge.
Printers that use a separate cartridge for each color would probably
be ideal.

As for which models, I typically avoid Lexmarks, but find most HPs
should work just fine.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist