[CS-FSLUG] Inkjets sanely priced

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Thu Sep 29 22:14:20 CDT 2005

dmc wrote:

> If you do lots of black and white forget an inkjet,
> go with a laser printer.  We bought a Samsung ML-2251NP.
> It comes stocked to print 5,000 pages -- add up the
> cost of replacement inkjet cartridges and you pay
> more!  Plus it is much better quality.

I agree with the quality, but I would caution those who seek to advise
me I am currently unemployed and highly dependent. Price per page means
nothing if the upfront cost is beyond me. Asking my source for such an
extravagance is a bit pushy, since they will purchase upfront and pass
it to me at cost.

> As for color, not sure.  I also need a reliable color printer
> for which cartidges are not absurdly costly.  I have been
> spoiled by laser color copier-printers I have seen but expect
> they are absurdly expensive to own, let alone lease.

Being able to do color isn't a high priority, but would be very useful.

> I would be interested to read what you learn.

Me too!

--
Ed Hurst