[CS-FSLUG] NI: BREAKING NEWS: Anaylists Find New Microsoft Office 12 a Waste of Money

David Aikema daikema at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 02:53:28 CDT 2005

On 9/23/05, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> On Friday 23 September 2005 8:51 pm, Don Parris wrote:
> > Fred,
> >
> > Robert(?) Soloway is a well-known spammer, and is the guy behind SPAMIS.
>
> I know that......but that isn't why I posted it. If you guys had read the
> first part, you'd see it was an article that appeared elsewhere.

First of all, you posted a link to the same article on September 20th.
 The copies are at different locations, but the article is the same.
Did you actually read it?:

On 9/20/05, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-5873597.html?tag=nl.e589

Secondly, even if the article was different, you could simply have
posted a link to the article itself, pulling the article out of the
context of the SPAMIS email.  Alternatively, you could simply have not
forwarded it along - after all the list does seem to have every
anti-Microsoft article written posted to it, so it's not like this
article is anything extraordinary.

Third, consider the source.  Remember that the enemy of your enemy is
not necessarily your friend.  Beyond the spam and compromising other's
computers (as a little googling will detail, what's your opinion of
the not-so-thinly-veiled threat at the bottom of the email?

> Thanks to Individual and Server Contributions, S P A M I S is Now
> "FULLY READY" to Begin Increasing Microsoft Public Service
> Announcement Emails to 20 Times the Amount of Internet Email
> Users by 25 Times the Current Sending Rate & Speed When a
> Certain Activity Transpires to "ANY" Past, Present or Future
> S P A M I S Member(s) and/or "ANY" S P A M I S Affiliate(s).

David