[CS-FSLUG] Call for Steering Committee

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 10:25:01 CDT 2005

I posted a call in The Freely Project forums for folks interested in
forming an international steering committee, whose primary task would
be to offer guidance and to 'validate' local/national "chapters" of
The Freely Project.  I have at least one candidate for a Board of
Directors, as well as a church and LUG connection, here in the
Charlotte area.  The Charlotte 'chapter' (for lack of a better term)
would be the first known legal entity, and would work to support the
goals stated on The Freely Project's website.  The steering committee
would simply help people organize their own local chapters, and
establish some base guidelines for operating.  The steering committee
is not a legal entity, but simply folks with an interest in seeing
Freely get, well, *on* the ground (from the 'Net).

You'll find my post here:  http://www.thefreelyproject.org/node/149

I've had no response yet, but hope that someone will participate.

As a side note, I will be meeting with the potential BOD candidate
tomorrow.  I will be releasing some material pertaining to the vision
for the US organization in the near future.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/