[CS-FSLUG] NI: Symantec: Mozilla browsers more vulnerable than IE

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 10:12:18 CDT 2005

On 9/19/05, dmc <edoc7 at verizon.net> wrote:
> Fred A. Miller wrote:
> > http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-5873273.html?tag=nl.e589
> >

> I had not heard that Steve Ballmer of M$ was writing Symantec's
> press releases ... ;-)
>
> A very suspect story that one is for sure!
>
> Reads like a CBS or New York Times story -- makes the attack
> point and then buries the truth late in the text that they
> are really clueless as to the reality on the ground.
>

> --

You know, I had started wondering why they headlined it like that.
Toward the end of the article, you realize that Microsoft hasn't even
responded to a number of its own vulnerabilities.  Sounds to me like
the article should have been headlined "Microsoft doesn't care if IE
is vulnerable". ;-)

--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/