[CS-FSLUG] Intelligent design...

Chris Brault gginorio at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 18 20:05:36 CDT 2005

Three other observations,

> 1.  An oft' cited excuse for the theology of Darwinian evolution
> is that all living things share common carbon-based life form
> essentials.  God knew this yet He sovereignly did not choose to
> make humans other than carbon-based life forms, though He could
> have.  Seems to me that He intends that we accept Him via faith
> and turn away from those who insist upon trying to make human
> science the final arbiter of truth.

Perhaps the carbon-based composition reflects the "best" design. There
is a saying on the AIG (http://www.answersingenesis.org) website,
"Perhaps the reason for the common design is a common designer." The
entire planet is carbon-based, DNA planned and sugar driven. If I were a
perfect designer, wouldn't I reuse a perfect design?

> 2.  Remember the story of the scientist who shook his fist at
> God and said "We don't need you any more!" to which God responded
> by challenging him to a life-creation dual.  God said "You go
> first." and the scientist stooped down and scooped up some dirt.
> God said "Oh no you don't, you have to make your own dirt."

heh, heh, heh!

> 3.  A science lesson from some home school materials goes the
> other extreme in flat-earth extremism, the sort that undermines
> legitimate Biblical standing in scientific discourse.

Disagreeing with Evolution does not make one a creationist.

> Are there not already enough examples of flat earth, sun
> revolves around the earth, etc. foolishness from neo-Christian
> neo-Biblical religious thugs in the past to feed the rhetoric
> of the anti-Christian attack machines?  Do we really need to
> add more fuel?

Should I mention that the "flat-earth" church was only following the
accepted scientific thought (Ptolemey). It wasn't the Church vs.
Science. It was politics versus truth. The church accepted the truth but
wanted to steal the credit for the discovery. The fights weren't
exclusive. Some in the church wanted to let the truth out, while others
in the scientific community wanted to hang onto the Ptolemeic view.
Geocentrism and Flat-Earth weren't christian inventions. They were Greek
inventions. The church simply followed accepted thought, and when times
changed, so did scientific thought.