[CS-FSLUG] Intelligent design...

Don Parris evangelinux at matheteuo.org
Sun Sep 18 18:16:14 CDT 2005

James Thompson wrote:
> I have'nt chimed in on this topic but want to inject my opinion, and
> that is all this is, regarding the presuppositions behind your
> comments. From your comments you serve a very limited, deistic, God.
> You presuppose that God's intervention must be explainable naturally.
> To make such an assertion places God in subjection to His creation. I
> would say that the method by which God raised Jesus or created Adam is
> completely irrelevant. Theistic Evolution is an interesting idea
> except that it produces theological problems because it places man in
> descendency from animals which the biblical account does not do. Man
> is a special creation, seperated from God's creation of other animal
> species so any adherance to evolutionist ideas becomes problematic for
> theological reasons.
>
> I do not advocate the promotion of intelligent design or creationism
> as a science because it is fundamentally rooted in theology. But I
> reject evolution and even its theistic branches because they produce
> theological difficulties.

This is the most appropriate place for me to inject this statement.  One of
the theological difficulties I have with Evolution is that white
supremacists use it in conjunction with British Israelism to claim that the
non-white races are not human at all.  They jump on the question of where
Cain's wife came from for their logic.  I recognize that for what it is, but
it is still a major stumbling block to my acceptance of Evolution as
anything beyond a theory, if not an outright fantasy.

Don